Friday, November 8, 2013

Tom Tancredo Flips the Bird

Recently a candidate for governor in Colorado flipped off a protestor for being vulgar and cursing at him. While I do not agree with this response, and think this could have been handled better (like by just ignoring the person), I did like his response to the media's questions about his actions.

He said, "I’m just a regular guy and I have the same sort of reaction to things that regular people do...I will tell you this; if you vote for me you’re going to know what you’re getting."

Like I said, I don't agree with his actions, but I like his response. He did not try to hide the fact that that is who he is. If people vote for him, they will have at least seen part of his character to know what he is like. Unlike too many politicians that hide who they are through the campaigning, then, when elected, become a completely different person, he appears to want people know who he is. If for no other reason than that, he has my respect.

Please know this is not an endorsement, because I do not know his stance on different issues. I only wanted to say that at least he can be honest about who he is...even though it is an imperfect person. After all, aren't we all pretty imperfect...?

No comments:

Post a Comment