Saturday, June 22, 2013

Funny Fondue

A few posts ago, I said happy anniversary to my beautiful wife of four years. We went out for our anniversary, and came home with a funny story, so I figured I'd share that.
We went to The Melting Pot in Colorado Springs, which was the first time either of us had ever had an experience at a fondue restaurant. The waiter asked if we had ever been there before, and when we told him we hadn't, he explained everything...much to fast for my slow brain to keep up with. Haha!!! He came back to take our orders, and I was sort of fumbling my way through my order (this is only my second time at a four course meal), and everything seemed ok. Then I got to the main dish, and he asked what "cooking style" I wanted. Well, as I said, this was our first time at a fondue place, and only my second time at a four course meal, but I know how I like my meat cooked, so I said, "Medium-well." I could tell it was everything he could do to hold back his laughter.
If you're not familiar with fondue, you do your own cooking. They bring out a pan of oil with seasonings, and you do your own cooking right at the table. So, I'm sure my ignorance provided a good laugh for him and the other waiters when he got back to the kitchen. That's ok. I still like my meat medium-well, even if I have to cook it myself. 

BTW...if you haven't checked out my wife's blog, you should. Here's a link: http://ahandymanandanurse.blogspot.com/?m=0


No comments:

Post a Comment