Thursday, June 27, 2013

Simple chicken and fruit salad.

I love trying new recipes, unfortunately, too many times when I try to find a new recipe to try, I find recipes that take all sorts of weird ingredients. So, instead of trying to find a store that sells out of the way ingredients, I come up with my own "recipes" using ingredients that I have on hand. I decided to start writing them down and sharing them so that other people can benefit from my simpleness. As I said, these are going to be pretty simple recipes, and will be common ingredients. Oh...and I won't be posting them daily...only when I'm inspired. So now that I said all of that, here's the first one:

Chicken and fruit salad. 

Ingredients:
-4 cups baby spinach
 (May substitute any lettuce here)

-1 cup diced strawberries

-1 cup chicken breast cooked and chopped

-1/3 cup chopped raspberries

-1/4 cup chopped olives

-1/4 cup cheddar cheese
(May substitute favorite cheese)

-2 Tablespoons Raspberry Vinaigrette
(May substitute favorite dressing)

Directions:
Remove stems from spinach and wash. Combine in large bowl with strawberries, raspberries, olives, and chicken. Sprinkle cheese on top. Drizzle dressing on salad. Serve chilled. Serves 2-4. 

Nutrition facts:
(Ok...sorry, I'm not super crazy, so I just figured out the calories and fat content for the entire salad. As for each serving...well, depends on how much you eat. And if you'd like to figure out the vitamins and minerals and everything, you can. :-) )

Total Calories: 474.15

Total Grams of Fat: 28.38


Note: Because this is such a simple recipe, it can be modified different ways, depending on what you like, what you have on hand, or what you find to work for you. Also...cutting out the dressing and using just black pepper cuts out 90 calories and 8 grams of fat. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment