Friday, June 28, 2013

Gardening Failure

A few years ago, we moved into a new house and I was excited, because I finally had a yard big enough to do some gardening. Unfortunately, I also live in Colorado, where neither the dirt nor the rainfall is conducive to having a garden. Yes, it can be done successfully, but it takes a lot of hours. I did not put in those required hours, and thus was left with a patch in my yard things growing like weeds...mostly weeds.
Then, just a couple of days ago, after having neglected gardening for a full summer, and now into the middle of the next summer, I was walking out back to water some new trees I put in, and looked down and there was a strawberry plant growing in my yard. Now, I had planted strawberries, but they hadn't taken, because I didn't take care of them well enough, I guess. This plant was nowhere near my where my garden had been either. It was on the opposite side of my yard, about 50-60 feet away. That isn't an area that gets any water from me, either, so any water that it has gotten has been strictly rainfall...which has not been much at all. So now I'm wondering if I should just leave it and see what happens, or try to transplant it to somewhere I could better take care of it (i.e. kill it faster).

No comments:

Post a Comment